Please I need help with heater hoses.

May 29, 2013
Swisher, Iowa
I have a Rheem pool heater hooked up to my 21 foot round pool. I am having an issue with the hoses the pool guy that installed the pool used. THey are grey somewhat heavy duty corregated hoses, but they are coming apart at the neck where they connect to the heater, I am assuming that its due to the hot water that is coming out of the heater. Does anyone have ideas on hosing that I can use to fix this with having to go to hard piping. I will convert to hard pipe if I need to but it is much easyer to use hose. I am having a hard time finding heat rated 2 in pool hosing. Any help will be welcomed!

Do you have a link to where I can get this? Or can you tell me who supplies them. I have tryed all the Lowes and Home depots and they don't have anything that would work right. Thought about a hose like the ones you use in your radiator but cannot find that in 2 inch and 7 feet.

That might work. I was thinking radiator hose but was having a hard time finding the length needed. i assume most piping from heater to pools are rigid. Might have to just go that route, if this radiator hose or something similar does not work.

I found 2" flex PVC at Ace Hardware ... HD and Lowes did not have any.

BTW, are you using the Pool Frog and puck floater and UV system? None of those are really recommended by us, certainly the metal from the Frog is bad and you get plenty of UV from the sun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.