Liquidator for AGP dose it work good?

I have asked this same question a couple times on here and have seen other post asking this as well, all with no answers. So either no one is using the LQ with ABG or for some reason no one will answer this question :rant: I will keep an eye on this post to see if you do any better then I did :shock:

There is no reason it would not work as well on an AGP as an IGP BUT, if I am not mistaken, you need to be plumbed with hard PVC to connect it. It's not really that big a job to replumb with hard PVC if you are using flex tubing but it is an additional step.

waterbear said:
There is no reason it would not work as well on an AGP as an IGP BUT, if I am not mistaken, you need to be plumbed with hard PVC to connect it. It's not really that big a job to replumb with hard PVC if you are using flex tubing but it is an additional step.

Mine is all hard piped so that's not an issue :party:

I thought I read some posts were the Liquidator should be above the water level in the pool! I don't see it in the instructions about having to do this but thought someone in here was having problems with there's because of that. I can't find the post now, but I don't see why it wouldn't work your dealing with pressure on one side of the Liquidator and a vacuum on the other side so regardless of the water level it should work. correct? or am I mistaken

Tdog said:
I have asked this question before as well. See this thread for answer:

liquidator-and-agp-t6154.html

Thanks! When I did a search that thread didn't come up (or I missed it). I think after reading that Ive made up my mind!! :whoot:

There are two potential problems that you may run into on an AGP:

A. If you have a very short pipe ruin from your skimmer to you pump, you might not be able to build up enough suction to pull adequate amounts of CL water back into your pool. This can be corrected by either increasing the length of the run or more easily by restricting the flow into the skimmer with a valve.

B. The check valves on the LQ will sometimes restrict the flow somewhat to where it is not high enough to sanitize. An easy fix for most owners is too remove them as they are not normally necessary. However if your LQ is installed below pol water level (as on most AGP's), then they are necessary. If you cannot get enough flow you can raise the LQ above water level and remove the valves.

Both are fixable and IMO shouldn't deter you.

Tdog said:
I have asked this question before as well. See this thread for answer:

liquidator-and-agp-t6154.html

I reposted the pictures in the above thread. Something changed during the upgrade and pictures are no longer viewable. I will post a picture of my actual set up later today or tomorrow.

One problem is getting the flow up high enough. I can only get mine up to about 3.5 and that is with the skimmer valve partially closed to provide some additional restriction. I also switched from 6% to 12.5%. My FC runs around 4. I intend to do some additional tinkering to see if I can get a better flow, but I just haven't had the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.