Pump won't turn on - Jandy Stealth

Sep 23, 2011
I went out yesterday to a dead calm pool. :(

My pump & cleaner were ON but no water was moving. So I checked and sure enough all was quiet. My pump just isn't running at all. No noises etc. When I try to turn it on at the panel I just hear a click in the panel, no noise at all from the motor/pump.

Is there something I should check before calling a repairman? There are no breakers tripped and I have power to the panel. That's about as far as I got.

Thanks

Bama can help you :-D

I had this same problem last summer. help-pump-wont-come-on-suspect-electrical-problem-t52254.html

My timer had been fried by lightning and I was able to figure it out and bypass timer. I didn't replace the timer until this summer......and those pics I took saved me. I'm no electrician and didn't remember what I'd done to bypass it a year later. The pics pretty much walked me through my timer reinstall this summer.

Check electricity voltage starting at the pump and work your way back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Same issue as well.
Automation systems make a click when the relay actuates, but no noise or action at the pump.
I tried swapping out the capacitor, but nothing changed.
I opened up the Hayward Aqua Logic system, nothing looks blown out.

Update:
I tested w/ the multimeter, this was a big help: How To Use a Multimeter to Test a Pool Pump Motor - Voltage - INYOPools.com

power was getting to the pump. I cycled it on/off a few more times then heard a pop and saw smoke coming from the motor.
Not what I was hoping for!

This is usually an indication the the breaker in the panel is tripped. Even though it doesn't look tripped go back and forth a few times. The jandy system will show it on but that doesn't mean power is getting to pump.

Well my waterfall pump is working along with all the other Jandy functions..the unit has power it just clicks when trying to cycle the pump on..Maybe the pump is what is clicking but something is trying to come on..I think my motor might be fried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.