Decreasing Salt Water Levels (Aqua Rite SWG)

Sep 1, 2013
Columbus, Ga.
Salt Water level tested at 3600 ppm (twice) at pool test center. My Aqua Rite display shows 2800 ppm. After re-calibrating the Aqua Rite SWG control it reads approx. 3000 ppm, then starts to decrease at approx. 100 - 200 ppms per day until it reaches 2600 ppm at which time the "check salt" and the "inspect cell" lights flash. All other chemical tests were OK at test center. The Aqua Rite T-15 Turbo Cell also tested good twice. The Aqua Rite control displays cell voltage at 2.7V, current 5.26 , 75% desired output, Instant Salinity at 2300 ppm. Approximately, 1 month ago, I replaced the current limiter on the PCB board and it seems to be functioning OK (don't know if that is the cause of the unstable readings). There are no "PCB" error indications displayed.

gregg4565 said:
i have had this same problem with my T-3 cell. try cleaning the cell real good in a muratic acid/water soak. usually helps. i have to clean my cell almost every week since my water is so hard here in AZ.

Thanks for the input, my T-15 cell was tested twice and deemed to be OK. Must be something else.
neet1nee

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.