We bought a house with an IG pool that the previous owners have fill in. After reading a couple of success stories on here i felt a little better about our chances. It was a polymer panel pool with a poolkrete bottom. Luckily there was no major damage and the whole process went fairly well.

[attachment=2:pm6x8c6f]1.jpg[/attachment:pm6x8c6f]
[attachment=1:pm6x8c6f]2.JPG[/attachment:pm6x8c6f]
[attachment=0:pm6x8c6f]3.JPG[/attachment:pm6x8c6f]

Three pictures is my limit, i will post the last 2 soon

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    181.7 KB · Views: 320
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 320
Last three pictures

[attachment=2:1le5nfkb]6.jpg[/attachment:1le5nfkb]
[attachment=1:1le5nfkb]10.JPG[/attachment:1le5nfkb]
[attachment=0:1le5nfkb]9.jpg[/attachment:1le5nfkb]

The whole family pitched in. Well worth the effort

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 318
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 318
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 319
Nice! My mom recently moved into a house that has a filled in IG pool. I thought it was a senseless waste of a pool. If I lived closer I might have tried to convince her (and help finance) to do something like this, but at this point that's not happening. Good for you to make the effort and enjoy the results.

I cut the concrete back 9 inches from the inner edge of the coping (pool side). I marked all the lines then used a standard skill saw with a segmented diamond blade set at about 1/2" depth. This was just to make a "track" to guide the large gas saw when it cut the concrete to 2 inches (or close to it). The skill saw and gas saw blades were too large to make the turns around the corners so i used a 4" grinder with a segmented diamond blade and cut as deep as it would go (photo2). Once all the scoring and cutting was complete, I busted the concrete up with a mini-jackhammer. If you have polymer panels like I did be careful not to punch through the top of panel like I did (photo1). My old coping was also the liner track, so I went back with a horizonal liner track and let the coping stone hang over the edge.

[attachment=2:3elcm4n2]photo1.JPG[/attachment:3elcm4n2]
[attachment=1:3elcm4n2]photo2.JPG[/attachment:3elcm4n2]
[attachment=0:3elcm4n2]photo3.JPG[/attachment:3elcm4n2]

Hope this helps

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 160
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 160
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 160

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.