test results

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi
Can someone explain why when I put in pH reducer my TA incresed I am using a lovibond scuba 2 tester

FC 5.6
TC 5.8
CC 0.2
pH 8.2
TA 221
CYA 142
I know my cya is high these reading are at the end of the day and I am going to put 4.4 Lts liquid chlorine in and 3.5 Lts muriatic acid.

I can't answer why your TA increased....it won't if you use muriatic acid to lower pH....it'll lower TA also.

If it was my pool, I would get pH down in the 7's sooner rather than later and then reduce your CYA....it's w-a-a-ay too high.

You should be targeting 10 ppm FC (14 would probably be better) with CYA that high.....your pool will be almost unmanageable if you have an algae outbreak.

Thank
I am targeting the FC at 14 ppm and going for 7.2 pH I was just wondering why my TA increased from 150 to 221 and if I put the 3.5 Lts of acid in would my Ta Rocket. I put the chlorine in then the acid yesterday is this OK or should I wait between chemicals

Sorry no camera

And miss information I am using sodium bisulphate as the shop had no Muriatic acid. I added two cups to see how much the pH would drop as I cannot see the sodium bisulphate on the pool calculator.
on the bag it just says
natriumbisulfa
natriumhydrogensulfeat
einics-Nr 231-665-7
index number 016-46-00-x
sodium bisulphate
Remember this product is from Turkey so
natural bisulphate
natural hydrogen sulphate

I would suspect test error. If not test error, then I would suspect that some other chemical was added that raised the TA. Perhaps the product is mislabeled.

Did the product cloud the water when you added it?

Note: "Natrium" translates to "sodium", not "natural".

bof said:
I put the chlorine in then the acid yesterday is this OK or should I wait between chemicals

You should wait between adding acid and adding bleach. For dry acid, pre-dissolve it in a bucket of water before adding it. You don't want acid and bleach to mix without being well diluted in the water. 15 minutes is plenty of time with the pump on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.