PH Keeps Increasing

May 31, 2013
Manchester NH
Split from ph-keeps-increasing-t66544.html Please start your own thread when asking a question, rather than hijacking :wink: Thanks, Butterfly

i am having the same issue. same test kit. new pool (water added july 2013). started on trichlor, switched to bleach when i found this site, CYA was 80 now it's 45.

here are all the numbers from tonights test:
FC 7.0
CC 0.0
pH 8.0
TA 100
CH 110
CYA 45

is it normal to have to add acid once a week even when the TA comes down? is this where borax might help?

thanks admitted pool novice here.

Lower your PH with acid and your TA should come down a little also. If PH drifts up to the high end again repeat. Your PH might like a little lower TA.

You just made a switch to bleach. It may take sometime for everything to settle in.

The borax won't help you, it raises PH.

planker88 said:
i am having the same issue. same test kit. new pool (water added july 2013). started on trichlor, switched to bleach when i found this site, CYA was 80 now it's 45.

here are all the numbers from tonights test:
FC 7.0
CC 0.0
pH 8.0
TA 100
CH 110
CYA 45

is it normal to have to add acid once a week even when the TA comes down? is this where borax might help?

thanks admitted pool novice here.
Only once a week? You're lucky!

Every pool has its own personality, and yours just isn't one of those set-it-and-forget-it ones. As you keep adding acid to control pH, the TA will slowly drop and the time interval between acid additions should increase.

Every pool has its own personality, and yours just isn't one of those set-it-and-forget-it ones. As you keep adding acid to control pH, the TA will slowly drop and the time interval between acid additions should increase.
+1 what Richard320 said.

Forget borax for now....not applicable until your pool "settles in"....maybe in a couple of weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.