Pump Humming- Won't Start

Aug 26, 2013
Hey ya'll my name is Greg and found this site while searching for some info on clearing up neglected pool at a house I moved into. So far this site has been great and really helpful in getting me started on getting the pool back to swimming condition. I've finally got most of the debris out of the water and got it to a greenish/blue color but I had set back a few days ago. I noticed my pump (a Jandy JHP 2.0) was making a humming sound and not working. I searched the site and a bunch of thread cited the capacitor as the problem. I did what every thread said and tried starting the pump manually and that worked (pump was running fine for 2 days). However today I had to switch the pump off to clean the filters and when I tried starting it (manually again), it wouldn't start. The pump is still making the humming noise and the impeller is spinning fine, it just won't turn over. I was wondering if this could still be the capacitor or because the fact that it won't start manually, it is another issue. I would appreciate any opinions or help on the matter as this is a unknown issue to me. Thank you in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.