Japanese beetles and pill bugs in pool

After receiving some tips on this board a few months, my pool has remained crystal clear. However, I am having to vacuum out hundreds of Japanese beetles and pill bugs from the bottom of my pool every day. Is there any way to stop (or reduce) these from getting in my pool?

Thanks,
Shannon

shannonadams68 said:
After receiving some tips on this board a few months, my pool has remained crystal clear. However, I am having to vacuum out hundreds of Japanese beetles and pill bugs from the bottom of my pool every day. Is there any way to stop (or reduce) these from getting in my pool?

Thanks,
Shannon

That seems to go in 5 year cycles. A few years back the Jb's were sooo bad, and it got better. Another year it was a cucumber beetle. They seem to peak and decrease and it seems like each year one bug is worse than the other. One year the little lady-bug looking beetles were so bad, I couldn't see the handle for my skimmer basket to pull it out and clean it. EEEWEEE. :tongue:

We are getting hundreds of flying ants this year. They are really attracted to the fountain that I use to aerate the pool. Plus the big brown spiders come out at night and I skim them out every morning. (only 3-4)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.