BBB Method for Spa After Pool Closing

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
Hello All,
I live in the Midwest and we close our pool at the end of September and keep the attached hot tub open until December. I started using the BBB method this July after my CYA hit 90 ..did a partial drain to get it down to 70 and hold my target FC at 8ppm (Have the TF-100). The pool looks great since doing this. In the past two years having this pool spa when closing the pool I would put a chlorinator float in the hot tub with a tri-chlor puck in it. Before I use the tub I usually throw in a 1/4 cup of dichloro shock from Leslie's. Anyone have any sugesstions as to the approach I should use with the BBB method?

Thanks In Advance!

Step 1. Maintain chlorine in between uses.

Step 2. Add enough chlorine after use to oxide all bathing waste.

5 fluid ounces of 6% bleach (or 3-1/2 fluid ounces of 8.25% bleach per person hour is a good starting point. If by the next day you have zero or extremely low FC you may want to use a little more from then on. If your FC is still very high the next day you can use less.

You want to use the spa with low amount of chlorine for your bathing enjoyment. Then you want to add your chlorine after usage to oxidize all the sweat/bather waste. You want to use enough to have a good FC reading by your next test/dosing/use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.