Jandy watercolors light problem

Aug 30, 2013
Experts:

I have a jandy water color LED light that keeps tripping the breaker. Any idea what is going on, my light is just 3 years old? I have changed the GFI and it still does it.

Please help....the light is expensive!

If you are comfortable working around electricity, then you will want to test to see if the short is located in the light or in the wiring between the switch and the deck box. After you turn off the circuit breaker for the light and verify that the power is off, open up the deck box and disconnect the black or red wire coming from the switch and the black wire from the light fixture. With a meter, check to see if the wire from the switch is grounded. If the wire from the switch is not shorted to ground, then the problem is in the light fixture. If the light fixture is the problem I would take it out of the niche and bring it up to the deck and open it up to see if there is excessive moisture inside, and repair that problem if it is found.

I'm not familiar with the Handy LED fixture, but I know the Pentair ones can be dissembled by loosening a clamp on the back. I would start by removing the light from the niche and bringing it up onto the deck so you can take it apart and check for water inside. You will want to replace the gasket on the fixture prior to reinstalling the fixture in the niche. After you have the fixture apart, and presuming it's dry inside, it looks like you should disconnect the wires from the printed circuit board and recheck the black wire of the cord between the deck junction box and the fixture.

http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/~/media/Zodiac/Global/Downloads/H/H0305600.ashx
This should have instructions to disassemble your light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.