Water Circulation to my infloor cleaning system

JT2006

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Southwest Arizona (Yuma)
I am trying to troubleshoot my infloor cleaning system. I get a few nozzles that pop up sporadically but others that do not come up at all. I have a Paramount 6 port module I have taken it out, cleaned it, the impeller/gears turn and all the valves are closed and remain closed as I turn the impeller [seems to me that the valves should open sequentially as I operate the module manually but i dont know?]. I know there is water coming into the module housing through the center pipe to the impeller but the pressure gauge doesn't work. So Im trying to determine if I need a new module? new nozzles? Have my valves in the wrong position for water flow which may be affecting the pressure in the system? Or last but not least there is some other problem I am ignorant of??

Thanks,

JB

Bama Rambler said:
So the heads that pop up don't go back down?
Do they go back down when you stop the pump?

Yes they go back down when the pump is off. I have had different nozzles pop up on occasion also all of them go back down when the pump shuts off. Oh, and the two that were up yesterday were in the spa on the seat. The one in the bottom had some air bubbles coming up from it like it was trying to open but couldn't?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I realize this is a month old, but if you haven't fixed your problem yet, Blue Square's distribution valve is a much more efficient design and more economical. They also make replacement heads for most other in-floor systems, that are also a more efficient design. They are out of Phoenix.
Replacing the Distributor valve with a Blue Square unit will require some replumbing to get it to fit.

Replacing the valve with a different brand is entirely impractical, in my opinion. They are all fundamentally the same, and they all have the same problems.

In the years I've been around here I have never seen this problem not be a result of worn gears. They may not look worn...but they are, just enough to snag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.