swimming pool build in florida

robl45

Oct 27, 2007
Parkland, FL
Hi,

Was reading that site on how to build your own pool. Was wondering if someone could tell me if thats relevant in south florida or if the pool companies margins are so low that I wouldn't really save. Second, are there such people in south east florida that will help you along like in the website above for 400 dollars or whatever price to kind of be the GC while I deal with most of the stuff?

Finally, If I put in a diving board, will that kill me on insurance? I really want one but not too many people have them in Florida here.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Our insurance company refused to renew our insurance if we kept the diving board, but had no problem with the slide at all. I have heard exactly the opposite story from some other people, so apparently it varies from company to company. You should check with your company to see what their policy is.

robl45 said:
Hi,

Was reading that site on how to build your own pool. Was wondering if someone could tell me if thats relevant in south florida or if the pool companies margins are so low that I wouldn't really save. Second, are there such people in south east florida that will help you along like in the website above for 400 dollars or whatever price to kind of be the GC while I deal with most of the stuff?

Finally, If I put in a diving board, will that kill me on insurance? I really want one but not too many people have them in Florida here.

Thanks in advance

Rob

The Florida pool building industry is in bad shape now primarily due to the collapse of the housing market, and South FL has always been dirt cheap. I'd get some quotes and see if you can find reputable builders that are hungry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.