Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: swimming pool build in florida

1. Back To Top    #1

swimming pool build in florida

Hi,

Was reading that site on how to build your own pool. Was wondering if someone could tell me if thats relevant in south florida or if the pool companies margins are so low that I wouldn't really save. Second, are there such people in south east florida that will help you along like in the website above for 400 dollars or whatever price to kind of be the GC while I deal with most of the stuff?

Finally, If I put in a diving board, will that kill me on insurance? I really want one but not too many people have them in Florida here.

Thanks in advance

Rob
    12000 gal diamond brite pool with 400 gal spillover spa, 1 1/2 HP pump and Hayward 1100 cartridge filter, Hayward Heatpump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: swimming pool build in florida

Our insurance company refused to renew our insurance if we kept the diving board, but had no problem with the slide at all. I have heard exactly the opposite story from some other people, so apparently it varies from company to company. You should check with your company to see what their policy is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by robl45
    Hi,

Was reading that site on how to build your own pool. Was wondering if someone could tell me if thats relevant in south florida or if the pool companies margins are so low that I wouldn't really save. Second, are there such people in south east florida that will help you along like in the website above for 400 dollars or whatever price to kind of be the GC while I deal with most of the stuff?

Finally, If I put in a diving board, will that kill me on insurance? I really want one but not too many people have them in Florida here.

Thanks in advance

Rob
    The Florida pool building industry is in bad shape now primarily due to the collapse of the housing market, and South FL has always been dirt cheap. I'd get some quotes and see if you can find reputable builders that are hungry.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

4. Back To Top    #4

what area are you in? I got a good deal on my pool and am very happy with the contractor so far. He also does everything except gunite in house.