OMG Green

May 12, 2009
We have never had an algae problem in 5 years with BBB...however I just got home and walked up to our pool and about freaked out....

It is a light lime green...HELP!
Here is the back story...since starting back to work in early Aug...pool hasn't been swam in for about 3 weeks...however bleach has been added every 2 days as needed by the hubby. 2 days ago he said he noticed a lot of algae on the bottom of the pool so he topped up bleach level and then today when he got home he decided to put our shark in to clean it. I am now looking at a super green pool...I believe the shark stirred up everything on the bottom and now it is free floating.

I just checked levels

FC is at 2.5
CC is at 0

So how do I get ride of the green and get my pool back sparkling again?????? Never had this happen before--- :cry:

Dough Boy Sand filter-
FC 2.5
CC 0
CYA is actually 30
PH 7.8

Hubby said it was clear just a little green on bottom, however once he put the shark in it is light lime green and cloudy.....

Thoughts???
I am fixing to add liquid bleach to shock level for 30 cya and then check in 2 hours and keep going....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It sounds like the FC wasn't consistently maintained. The dosing might have been consistent, but the chlorine may have become low for whatever reason and then algae started to grow faster than it could be killed. Did your husband test the chlorine level or did he just add the same amount of chlorine each time? At 40 ppm CYA, the FC really shouldn't get below 3 ppm and your 2.5 ppm measurement may not be the low point. Also, the bottom might not have the best circulation. Anyway, SLAMing the pool will get it back to normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.