tmarks66 - remove iron stains

Jul 16, 2013
Lansdale, PA
Please start your own thread even though the subject is related

A few years back one of the toys we used in the pool was a badminton set. Several times the racquets were left in the pool (for multiple days) where they would sink to the bottom and orient themselves vertically with the handle at the bottom and the strung portion at the top. As I discovered, this was because there was a nice metal (assume iron, but not sure) part at the bottom of the handle. This didn't really bother me until I noticed that this was leaving a quarter-sized stain on the pool floor :x . Well, I don't have those racquets anymore, but I do have 4-5 stains on my pool floor to remind me of those "good times". I have a vinyl liner and wonder if there is a way to remove these stubborn stains. I've tried to remove with scrubbing but that does not work. Any ideas?

Check out my recent posts and learn what I did---http://www.troublefreepool.com/salicylic-acid-to-remove-iron-stains-t69023.html

Lonmg story short---

If you only have a few small quarter size spots. Just take some Vitamin C tablets and put them in a sock ( or panty hose with something heavy ( not metal) to hold them in place on the spots and they will disappear before your eyes.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.