Steady drip on Return Hose

Jun 16, 2008
I just installed a new liner new skimmer and return. The skimmer/return didn't come with very good instructions and I didn't find this website until afterwards. So here's my question. Now that I have a constant drip on the outside of my pool on the return hose, what's the best way to fix it??? Thanks.

My return has three sections that screw together, two on the outside. While tightening one, I started to losen the other, accidentally. See if that's what's happening....the other thing is my hose attaches to this outer part. It's secured with a clamp. Try tightening the clamp, if you have the same setup, it's also helpful to wrap teflon tape around the connections before clamping them.

Thanks for the response. I've been thinking about using the plumbers tape since I screwed it all together and have been kicking myself in the butt for not doing it sooner. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.

Use the plumbers tape, and then take some plumbers grease and put it on the top of the tape. This will lube it up so it will spin in easier. I have done this on plumbing stuff for years, and this year I did it with the pool and it works awesome. Not one leak anywhere. Last year it leaked all year.
:hammer:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.