Programming my pump and SWG

Feb 24, 2013
The size of your pool in gallons = 4000
If your pool is an AG (above ground) or IG (in ground)= IG
If it's IG, tell us if it's vinyl, plaster/pebble, or fiberglass=PEBBLE
The type of filter you have (sand, DE, cartridge) and, if you know, the size, model number or flow rate of the filter.=150 SQUARE FOOT PENTAIR CARTRIDGE
If you know, please tell us the size pump in HP. Also mention if is it a two speed or variable speed pump.=INTELLIFLO VARIABLE SPEED PROGRAMMABLE PUMP
Date of pool build/install, particularly important if less then a year old. FEB 2013
Other significant accessories or options, such as a spa , SWG, or cleaner =SWG

How long and at what speed should I run my pump each day for optimum chlorine levels?

There are too many variables. The short answer is to run the pump as long as it takes to keep your pool clean, then program the SWG to run at a percentage that keeps your FC in proper range given the pump run time. It may be the pump has to run longer than necessary to keep it clean in order to keep FC in range.

Variables include CYA level, amount of sun the pool gets, bather load, differences in the SWG from one to another, amount of GPM the pump is running, etc.

Please add your pool's current test results and your SWG model. We can try to guestimate, but really it's a trial and error affair.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.