Help needed setting up pool audio

Mar 30, 2013
Currently I have 4 rock speakers around the pool and 2 Bose 151s under the soffits at the house. I am running an old bookshelf system and a 4 zone switch. I have a RCA cable from the video input to the headphone jack on an old windows xp machine. I am able to play radio from the bookshelf system and pandora or iTunes from the computer. I would like to be able to AirPlay somehow. I have searched for a 2 channel receiver with networking and AirPlay but I can't find anything. Any ideas how to do this?

Not sure if I'm missing something in your description, but... you can use an AirPort Express (http://www.apple.com/airport-express/) to do this. AirPort express has audio out that can route to any appropriate input on your existing amp/receiver. I'm not sure if a Windows PC will support AirPort, but if so, you're done. PC will find AirPort wirelessly, and you can direct ITunes to send it's output to the AirPort box (aka your stereo), local PC speakers, or both. I do this now, but use an iMac as my music hub. I especially like it because I can use an Ipod touch or IPhone from the pool area to run the "remote" app, that gives me full control on playlists and volume outside.

tmarks66 said:
Not sure if I'm missing something in your description, but... you can use an AirPort Express (http://www.apple.com/airport-express/) to do this. AirPort express has audio out that can route to any appropriate input on your existing amp/receiver. I'm not sure if a Windows PC will support AirPort, but if so, you're done. PC will find AirPort wirelessly, and you can direct ITunes to send it's output to the AirPort box (aka your stereo), local PC speakers, or both. I do this now, but use an iMac as my music hub. I especially like it because I can use an Ipod touch or IPhone from the pool area to run the "remote" app, that gives me full control on playlists and volume outside.

So I could connect the AirPort Express to my receiver and stream from my iMac or macbook pro in the house instead of the old pc in my garage? That would be awesome and I will be able to play from my iPhone too!

Thanks for the head up, I'm not sure how I ever missed this lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.