Air bubbles from main drain

p_pan

Apr 16, 2008
Texas
We are filling up the pool. Finally!!!

We noticed that while we are filling it up, there is a very small stream of bubbles coming from one of the 4 main drains. It is small but steady. It's been like that for the past 3 hour. The pool if filling up well though.

Any idea if this is an indication of trouble or just air coming from the pipes and once the equipment is turned on the issue will go away? Should I be concerned?

I can see it as an indication of a possible problem, but seriously doubt it. If you haven't already, open the valves for the suction and return lines - I think it's just air in the line that has no where else to go - if you open the valves it can escape through one of the unflooded lines.

Welcome to TFp - I hope that this will take care of the problem :)

Thanks for the insight. Actually, after we filled the pool beyond 3 feet, the air bubbles stopped. We will have a technician coming to our house tomorrow to start up and we will see if there is any issue although I think it was just air in the pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.