CYA at 0

EJ797

Jan 26, 2013
Miami, FL
I just tested my CYA and it tested at zero. The test was not cloudy at all. I've searched the posts on this site and have seen the threads about the anaerobic bacteria that converts CYA to ammonia.

I broke a line a few months back and had muddy water pumping into the pool for a couple of minutes so it is quite possible the bacteria was introduced to my pool.

I last tested the CYA in April and it was at 42. haven 't tested since.

The only thing that puzzles me is that my pump has been running 12 hours a day for the whole time. So it is not like many of the posts I see where thus bacteria shows up after the pool has been closed for the winter.

I am going to the pool store to have the double check my test before I do anything...

Which CYA reagent do you have?

In all the instances I can remember, we have had one instance where a perfectly clear pool had the CYA convert, so it's very rare to have it happen, but it can happen. It's a good idea to have it verified in this case, but I wouldn't put much faith in the actual number. In fact, I'd probably take it to a couple of stores just to be sure.

FC 17.5
CC 0
TA 110
CH 250
CYA 0

Did not test PH as the Chlorine was so high. The FC level had dropped to 0 so I was going to SLAM the pool. I Added chlorine last night which is why FC is so high but forgot about the CYA test until this morning.

I use the TF-100

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.