Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New posts not updating

1. Back To Top    #1

It seems to me that when I click on the new posts link from the home page, It lists all posts since the change over. In other words the software is not keeping track of my last visit and showing just those post since my last visit.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New posts not updating

Click on "View active topics" it will work similar to the old "view new posts"
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

There is something in the programming that SeanB and the programmer worked on for a long time without success...

after you have been 'gone' for 2 hours, the count resets.

If you click that link, even with the wrong post count, the threads and posts are marked as read, so once you get in you will know what it really new.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Actually "log out" instead of closing the program and the new posts post will reset....to an extent.

There are still some old posts there when I do that and I've yet to take the time to figure out what the software decides are "new" posts.....ain't it fun??
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm having the same issue (I think). When I click 'View New Posts' I see stuff posted from last night and the most recent too. I've clicked 'Mark Forums Read' several times. Here's what's on the top of the window display - New Posts (since Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:07 pm)
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    I'm having the same issue (I think). When I click 'View New Posts' I see stuff posted from last night and the most recent too. I've clicked 'Mark Forums Read' several times. Here's what's on the top of the window display - New Posts (since Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:07 pm)
    But the actual posts and threads are marked read, correct? it is just the number on the portal page that is inconsistent, right?

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    Actually "log out" instead of closing the program and the new posts post will reset....to an extent.

There are still some old posts there when I do that and I've yet to take the time to figure out what the software decides are "new" posts.....ain't it fun??
    I don't ever log out of the forum, however that does seem to reset the number.

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by The Mermaid Queen
    But the actual posts and threads are marked read, correct? it is just the number on the portal page that is inconsistent, right?
    Not sure. When I click 'View New Posts' I thought you should only see the posts that were made since last time you marked everything read. I logged off and back on and that seemed to reset things at that point.
    WetEdge Satin Matrix, 16K gallon, Pentair NSP-60 DE filter, Pac Fab Challenger, 2HP pump, BBB, Polaris 360

8. Back To Top    #8

It doesn't seem like anyone else is having this problem, so it must be my setup, but I have to log on each time even though I check "log me on automatically" not a big deal. So I log on and then click right to View new posts and then it logs me off and says I'm not logged in. OK . . . so I do it all again and check to see I am logged in and then hit View new posts and it logs me off and says I'm not logged in. DOH! It seem as though I have been having to go to the index tab or somewhere else before hitting View new posts o for it to work. I'm puzzled with that one.

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

9. Back To Top    #9

In the Industry

I'm having the same issue as j-riles. Just another one of those kinks that will get worked out in time.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

10. Back To Top    #10

If you haven't already, try clearing your cookies.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator