Water in the new pool

May 28, 2013
Hi,

We will begin filling our new pool in a few days and i was wondering if you had any advice on questions that i need to ask my PB tomorrow and Friday. I have never owned a pool so every question has the possibility to be a dumb question :)

If you could fill in some details about your pool and equipment, it would help.

Have you tested the water you are using to fill for metals, CH and TA?

Welcome!

We recommend using chlorine to manage your pool's sanitation requirements. Pool School describes the methods we use to do this. Pool Builders have very different ideas about how to manage a pool but have different motivators. Our methods are designed to cost effectively manage a pool.

They are also frequently polar opposite to what pool stores and many builders recommend. That being said, I have managed my pool this summer with only liquid chlorine and muriatic acid, and a small amount of conditioner. I have bought the majority of my supplies from Wal-Mart or HomeDepot and have spend less than $200 this summer.

You will require a TF-100 test kit (my choice) to be able to effectively manage your pool. it's cost will be re=paid in your savngs over "free testing" and the chemicals they sell to "fix" your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.