Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer Basket floating

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer Basket floating

I have my pump on a timer that cycles twice a day (off during the night). In the morning I test the water, pull the solar cover and squeeze out the skimmer sock. It seems almost everyday I return from work and check the skimmer, the darn basket is floating and flipped. I wonder if it's the sock that makes it float, I like the sock because it obviously has been collecting debre. I have the Doughboy AG Skim-Line Deluxe thru-wall. What is a good method of keeping that basket in it's rightful place?
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.

2. Back To Top    #2
    I have used a River Rock, broken piece of pottery, etc. to help weigh the thing down. Put it in bottom of basket before lining with your sock.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanks divnkd101, I can do that.
    The manufactures should have engineered a twist lock or a lever of some kind.
    2007 - 24' AG Doughboy Desert Spring dished 1.5', with DB Power Pak II-1hp pump, DB Sequel I Plus DE, Hayward H-Series Heater 100k + 8gal LQ.

4. Back To Top    #4
    WHenever I shut my pump off, the skimmer does a weird burp and bumps the basket out then it tilts, I also used a river rock (larger than opening in bottom of skimmer) to weigh it down and the problem has gone away.