Cloudy water needs to go!

May 25, 2012
My pool was neglected for a couple weeks, so it turned green. I started shocking it with bleach, and it went from green, to cloudy. Now the chlorine is really high, (24 FC, using pool water diluted with distilled water and then I multiplied my results by 2) but the water is still stubbornly cloudy. My test kit is the Talyor k-2006. Here are most recent test results: FC 24, Ph 7.5, CYA 40 I didn't test calcium hardness because it's a vinyl summer escapes pool. I have a Hayward sand filter hooked up instead of the one that came with the pool. The filter was recently backwashed, and I added clarifier today to see if that would help, and so far nothing. So what else do I need to do?

Just keep on keeping on. Follow the SLAM process. Since you have the 2006 kit that's a little short on reagent...I would suggest using a 5ML water sample and each drop = 1PPM (fas/dpd test) when testing chlorine during the SLAM process. Go back to the 10ML sample when doing the OCLT.

Keep you FC above 16 at all times and give it some more time. Nothing wrong with 24, gives you more of a buffer) Here is a post that shows it doesn't take anything but chlorine, filtration, and time to turn it from green to clean.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/oops-i-forgot-my-pool-a-photo-series-t68793.html

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.