May 8, 2013
CT
I can't figure out what keep reappearing on the bottom of my pool. I think it is algea, brownish in color. The puzzling thing is my water is otherwise clear. The FC level runs from 3-5 depending on how recently I have added 12% bleach. PH is at 7.8 AK is at 11 and CYA is at 4.5
I vacuum and it is back the next day albeit slightly.
Suggestions on how to treat and what in fact I have?
Thanks!

What test kit are you using? Your TA and CYA numbers do not make sense.

What does it feel like if you run it between your fingers?

Could be a low level algae bloom that is barely being held in check and leaving the water clear. An OCLT should be able to confirm if you have algae and need to SLAM the pool.

If you see visible debris on the pool floor each day and it is brushing up into a cloud, it is surely dead algae.....regardless if your water is clear or not.

To get rid of it, you will have to SLAM the pool according to the article in Pool School.

I suggest reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School and then read "SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain".

If you continue more of what you are currently doing, you will continue getting the same results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.