Pyros and Pools

4knights

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 19, 2012
NE Kansas
So how many of you wonderful pool folks are also lovers of articles de pyrotechnic?

What's your flavor? 1.4g, 1.3g, Proximate indoor or outdoor, stage shows?
I love it all and am getting all the required licenses for Display. Might join KCAP as well.

What clubs, organizations do you belong to? Anyone been to PGI? (Man, I wish I could have gone this year!! Some awesome videos from the shoots are on YouTube)

Does anyone live near Fenton, MO. And do you attend the St. Louis Shoot each year?

Other shoots where you live?
Group buys or just backyard friends and family?

I am a hard core pyro. Been doing "pyro" since 1997. I shoot both indoor and outdoor. I shoot both 1.4g consumer, 1.4S proximate, and 1.3G professional pieces. I hold my ATF type 54 permit as well. I am a member of the PGI and attend as many conventions as I possibly can. I love ALL THINGS PYRO.

Dan

Oh and I might add, if you can get to the St. Louis shoot...DO IT..I have many friends from up here, go down there too. Also, Hale's Fireworks down in Missouri imports some of the BEST product in the U.S. I am good friends with Mitch Hale, and his right hand man "Billy"

We love fireworks and after moving to the country, we had our first annual firework shoot off in our backyard this year. Everyone loved it. Nothing special, just store bought stuff but lots of it. Next year people will be floating in the pool and the fireworks will be a little, a lot further out and it will be glorious!

Great responses so far guys!
Flyweed- Did you to to PGI in PA this month? I couldn't because of work and will miss St. Louis due to surgery. Hoping to make it to Thunder on the Plains in Missouri in October.
I'm a display Operator here in Kansas and awaiting my ATF 54 Interview. What a long PIA. Love it all and some friends got to do the MLS All-Star Game shoot.
Send me a PM with Mitch and Billie's website and a number. I'll compare costs with Aerial Fx and Fireworks Supermarket. Not shy about spending where I can get a better deal for better product.

Kozmos- Oklahoma has some great distributors and I think you only need the ATF License there. Get to a training course(Talaquah has one) so you can be safe. You will get way better shows with 1.3 for a lot cheaper!

Guy- sorry you're in the safe n safe state with those incredible tax rates!!
Ron

Ron, I didn't go to PGI this time around. I have a kid in Hunter Safety, and it was just a bit too far of a drive this time. Whenever it's in the Midwest (Iowa, Indian, Wisconsin, North Dakota) I go for sure.

So you go to TOTP? I am pretty good friends with Don (the guy who started it all). Great old coot! LOL.

I assume, you have been to Worldclass since you are in Kansas? I Know if I lived there, I'd be buying alot more WC product.

I'll get you Mitch and Billy's Contact info, and you can contact them. The import their own line Hale brand..which is really nice stuff, and the Winda stuff they carry is always top notch.

flyweed said:
Ron, I didn't go to PGI this time around. I have a kid in Hunter Safety, and it was just a bit too far of a drive this time. Whenever it's in the Midwest (Iowa, Indian, Wisconsin, North Dakota) I go for sure.

So you go to TOTP? I am pretty good friends with Don (the guy who started it all). Great old coot! LOL.

I assume, you have been to Worldclass since you are in Kansas? I Know if I lived there, I'd be buying alot more WC product.

I'll get you Mitch and Billy's Contact info, and you can contact them. The import their own line Hale brand..which is really nice stuff, and the Winda stuff they carry is always top notch.

Dan- this will be my first year at Totp- cant wait. Donnie is always posting on Pyro Universe. Seems like a nice guy. Very interested to see and feel the hale line!! Love the salutes and I did a 70 shell red coconut this last fourth- man that was insane the whole sky deep red then 36 bright white and loud salutes- blew the crowd away as it was timed for 2 minutes after the finale was over!!

I'd heard of worldclass (jakes) they are pretty far south in Pittsburg. I had no idea they sold 1.3g.

The big 4 around the state that I've heard of and know sell 1.3g at wholesale are Aerial Fx, Rainbow, Wald and Stellar.

I am looking into joining KCAP and getting in on the group buy this spring on the 1.4g, I don't currently have a type 4 mag so can't stock up on 1.3g like I will when I finally am able to make it happen. Have three different contingency locations right now.

Yeah, I was talking worldclass (Jakes) for 1.4g..they do not carry 1.3g. But have some really nice 1.4 product. I am not over on P.U. as much as I used to be. I use to LIVE on that site, but life is too short to live on the computer. I am an administrator over on PyroReview. We've been down for a while, as Brian (the owner) has been wanting to do a bunch of upgrades and such. We are hoping to get back into the game soon.

I buy all of my 1.3g from Victory up here in WI, as they are only about 60 minutes away.

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was wondering about pyro review as I couldn't get on. Agree with not spending life on the computer but it sure is nice to make those long distance connections and keep up with large groups of folks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.