Hello from the Cheese State

Jun 15, 2008
S.E. Wisconsin
Hey everybody, found this site the other day and have been reading and learning non-stop.

Thinking about switching to a SWG system soon because it seems a little easier to maintain to pool.

Here's are the pictures of my pool(details in sig.) I know it's not big, but it's been going strong for 8 summers now. :shock:
DVC00082.jpg

The filter is seperate and the water is piped underground.(It looks nicer and works better for my setup).
DVC00081.jpg

Keeping our pool at a nice 86*(because it's been cloudy all week) is our 3 Solar Heater Panels.
DVC00083.jpg

Hoping to learn a lot more here,
Adam

Yeah, I know, we have a friend with the discontinued 24' 48" model that they bought the same year we bought our and they still have it to. The only hole in ours is a pinhole in the inflated ring that appeared last year.

Luckily, we haven't had any flooding! We are in Kenosha(as far south and east in the state you can go). Been raining a lot, and I had to drain a few inches out of the pool to keep it from overflowing the other day, but other then that it hasn't been bad.

Adam

Hi there! Just wanted to ask you a ? about how you get in the pool as I don't see a ladder anywhere.

We filled our new one up about 3/4 of the way as it started to slope so we have a "deep" end too now :shock: Anywhooo.....I don;t want a ladder because the pool is for my 6yr old twins to learn to swim and the only time I want them in the pool is if I put them in it. Do you think this will work or should I get a ladder so they don't collapse it. Do you all just "hop" in or is there a ladder I don't see?

Thanks much!
Maggie (new to pools) & the guppies!

Thanks, I try to make it look nicer for the neighbors, and myself. This is the first year We've had the panels on the roof and the piping underground. Last year we only had one and it fit on the ground, but this year with three they had to go on the roof. So I kind of had to put the filter near the garage so I would lift the water and still maintain decent flow.

Maggie, yep, there is a ladder, the one that came with the pool(although it's starting to rust where the tubes connect). It was probably just to the right of the pool, out of the shot. My mom has this "thing" about not being liable if someone goes in, or at least making it "that much harder" to get in. So the ladder comes out after every swim, and so the solar cover fits.

I personally don't use the ladder much, I prefer running and doing a front flip over the side, (I'm only 15) I think it's more fun. :mrgreen:

Didn't your pool come with a ladder? I thought they all came with ladders... hmm. I would put it in, even for you to get in, and for the young ones to get out. If you don't want them getting in with the ladder when you don't want them to, just take it out. The ladders aren't heavy and are also not perminate, so you can move them.

Our pool is a little off level to, but only by about 2-3", so there isn't much lean to it. You can actually see it if you look at the sides of the pool in my picture, the left side is straighter(low side) and the right one has more of a bulge. The newer ones have thinner material(at least the sides do) so they tend to be more effected by being out of level. The newer ones, with lighter vinyl(or whatever it is) have thinner walls then the older ones with darker vinyl.

Adam