Blow out accessory lines?

jtech1

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 9, 2009
Starting to think ahead to winterizing... I have a MightyVac, and am pretty clear on how to blow out the main filter pump drains, skimmers and returns... but I also have three accessory pumps. They have a separate drain pair feeding each pump and the output goes to either a feature or for one pump, bubblers/jets. The PB installed valves on the OUTPUT side of each pump, but none on the input/drain side. The pumps are installed with unions (as I specified). I also specified valves on the input side but that did not happen as it was supposed to.

My questions are:
1) Do I need to install valves on the input/drains at the three pumps so I can blow them out and air lock them? one set is on the deep end floor and the other two are on the wall, but will still be under the water line.
2) Where is the best point to hook up the MightyVac? Mover the pump over a bit and use the universal fittings? How would I keep the blower hose in the fitting? I assume the pump drain valve is not large enough to blow out both ways?

Thanks!

I would build adapters with valves to go onto the union halves so that once you blow them you can deadlock them.

Where are you located? It's noce to put the general location in your sig because winterizing is a completely different animal in Tampa than it is in Fargo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.