Should I raise my chlorine level for one day??

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
I have been following the BBB method all Summer with good results. I usually keep my FC around 8. CYA is 45.

Saturday I am having a party with roughly 25 people. Given the forecasted temperature and higher humidity levels for Saturday I'd venture to guess that most every one will be in the pool at some point in time.

My question is, given the heavy expected bather load on that one day, should I raise up my FC levels at all? If so, when should I do that? Should I simply raise it up the night before or maybe start raising it a day or two before??

Thanks

If you're 8.0 FC @ 45 CYA when the party starts you ought to be just fine. A point bump or so wouldn't be bad if you can do it during the party, but if you can't, just ramp it up some afterwards. Following this has worked for me for a long time.

You can bump it up about an hour before the party if you like, if you are below shock level no one will even know, but I would no go that high. 8-10 is probably fine. Then check it afterwards.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.