Pool run times

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
I have been looking into my pool run times. I have had various suggestions from 12 Hrs to 4 Hrs and split times. Can I have some suggestions on the split times, When I finaly get my water ballanced I am going to try 4Hrs. What times should I run the pump and as has been suggested run it 1Hr at night as this is the best time for the chlorine to work, and should this be included in the 4Hrs. :?: :?: :?: :?:

From a water filtering standpoint, it does not matter when you run it. If you want to cool the temperature of your water and you have aerating features (e.g., waterfall, fountains) then running it at night or in the very early morning will provide some cooling effect. The cooling effect is more dramatic if the humidity is low.

BoDarville said:
From a water filtering standpoint, it does not matter when you run it. If you want to cool the temperature of your water and you have aerating features (e.g., waterfall, fountains) then running it at night or in the very early morning will provide some cooling effect. The cooling effect is more dramatic if the humidity is low.

Also, aerating in the heat of the day will result in slightly more evaporation than if you run during the cooler parts of the night / morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.