New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I keep?

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
We are having our liner installed tomorrow and will begin filling up the pool. The pool builder will get it all up and running and started for us. I have read through this site multiple times and ordered the test kit. I'm wondering should I keep the stuff that's recommended to treat the pool on hand or should I just purchase it as I test and see what's needed? I'm all new to this so wasn't sure how often you are adding things to the pool.

Re: New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I ke

About the only thing you know you'll need at this point is chlorine. I'd stock up on a little bleach. You'll need a little to get started probably. You'll probably need some acid at some point, so I'd go ahead and get a bottle of that. Other than that just wait until you can test and see what you need.

Re: New pool filling up tomorrow...what products should I ke

It's much cheaper to use what we reccomend. Even with your SWG you'll want to keep bleach on hand as you get it dialed in. Same for muratic acid to lower you're likely rising ph.

See if you can get a list of every thing they're putting in, some you may not want in there like algaecide. You may need additional CYA depending on your test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.