Leaving for vacation tomorrow!

massimo

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 11, 2013
Manahawkin, NJ
I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow! I can't wait to leave but I'm nervous about my pool. I've been keeping awesome numbers all summer long thanks to TFP & BBB Method. I haven't gone through a sock process at all this season because of this site and also by spending 15-20 min a day working on the my pool.
Currently my numbers are; F.C 8, C.C 0, P.H 7.8, CYA 55, T.A 120. I like to keep my F.C between 7-8.5ish. It seems to work well with my pool. I guess my question is, should I use pucks for the three days that I'm gone? I have some from when I first got stated with my pool. I just want to come home and see my pool still sparkling the way it is now... Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the quick responces! I was thinking the same thing woodyp! I just needed some confirmation. My normal chlorine usage in terms of added bleach is about 25ozish depending on the bather load per day. Sometimes, I can go a couple of days with no bleach when my solar cover is on and no one is swimming. I'm gonna bring it to my shock level which is 17ppm based on my CYA regardless, figured it wouldn't hurt. Should I keep it covered with my solar cover?

massimo said:
Thanks for the quick responces! I was thinking the same thing woodyp! I just needed some confirmation. My normal chlorine usage in terms of added bleach is about 25ozish depending on the bather load per day. Sometimes, I can go a couple of days with no bleach when my solar cover is on and no one is swimming. I'm gonna bring it to my shock level which is 17ppm based on my CYA regardless, figured it wouldn't hurt. Should I keep it covered with my solar cover?
Yep. If the pool is already clean, the solar cover should minimize your daily FC use.

Thanks Smykowski! I'm thinking I'll bring my pool to shock level, put the solar cover on and call it a day. I really don't wanna use pucks...
I'm thinking, when I get back my F.C should still be above where I normally keep it with the solar cover on.
I can't thank this site enough for the wealth of information provided on a daily basis. Free of charge, I might add! :whoot:

I just came home from our little mini vacation and guess what? The pool looks the same as it did when we left! I brought the pool up to shock level, made sure the pool was very clean, cleaned out both baskets, put my solar cover on, said a little prayer and called it a day. I just did some test and came back with; FC 14, it was at 17.5 right before I left. Nothing else changed! I couldn't be happier! Now if I can only figure out how I spent so much money on vacation!!! I guess that's what it feels like to get "pool stored!" :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 81
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.