pH keeps going up and can't pin point whats going on

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I live in South Fla and we are in the rainy season. However I test my pH and it's 8.0 so I put some pH down from Wal-Mart in it to bring it down to around 7.6. In addition I have a slow leak in my pool that I haven't located and have to add some water every 3 or 4 days. The pool water level goes down more than a marked bucket of pool water, so I believe I do have a leak. With that said, I'm trying to get an idea if the added pH that keeps occurring is a result of rain fall OR from the city water I've added to my pool.....I have a Taylor 2006 kit that I do my measurement with weekly and a Taylor OTO Basic kit I use daily. The following readings were taken at 6 PM as I take my measurements late in the day, add chemicals as needed and run the pump late afternoon till about 9PM.

FC 4.5
CC 0
PH 8.0
TA 80
CH 220 (down from 250 after adding city way water)
CYA 35

Any suggestions are appreciated. I use the BBB method......John

One thing you can do is test the pH of your fill water to get a baseline. Sounds like you have had a lot of rain lately. Heavy or persistent rain can aerate the water and aeration causes pH to rise. Do you have any other water features such as waterfalls, fountains, spillover spa? If so, this aerates the water further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.