No pump delay when actuators switch to spa mode

Aug 25, 2013
Hello, I am a new pool owner and I tried to put all my details in my sig. My pool has been opened about 2 months now.

Over the last few days I've noticed that the filter pump no longer switches off for several seconds when I activate spa mode. Previously, when I pressed spa mode on my Aqualink RS PDA, it would say something like "spa mode will start after a short delay", and it would display dashes instead of the word ON next to Spa Mode. During this time the filter pump would stop, I would watch the actuators move from pool to spa modes, and as soon as they reached their spa destination positions the pump would turn back on. Then the PDA would say ON.

Now, when I press Spa Mode, it displays the word ON immediately. And the filter pump stays on while the actuators are moving from pump mode position to spa mode position.

1) Is this bad for the equipment, and I should manually turn off the pump while switching, until I have this problem resolved?
2) How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nathan

[mQUOTE=Nathan_Marlboro;566099]Hello, I am a new pool owner and I tried to put all my details in my sig. My pool has been opened about 2 months now.

Over the last few days I've noticed that the filter pump no longer switches off for several seconds when I activate spa mode. Previously, when I pressed spa mode on my Aqualink RS PDA, it would say something like "spa mode will start after a short delay", and it would display dashes instead of the word ON next to Spa Mode. During this time the filter pump would stop, I would watch the actuators move from pool to spa modes, and as soon as they reached their spa destination positions the pump would turn back on. Then the PDA would say ON.

Now, when I press Spa Mode, it displays the word ON immediately. And the filter pump stays on while the actuators are moving from pump mode position to spa mode position.

1) Is this bad for the equipment, and I should manually turn off the pump while switching, until I have this problem resolved?
2) How do I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Nathan[/QUOTE]

Nathan, I'm having this problem now. Did you get this resolved if so do you remember how?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.