test kit

stephlap4

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 16, 2013
Louisiana
Hi!! its been awhile since i have had to post a question!! :party: I am concerned that my TF-100 test kit may have gone bad, due to my hubby and/or kids leaving it outside in the heat!! And the crazy thing is, is that they don't even test the water!! Well, my daughter has gotten the hang of testing, but usually leaves that work up to me...lol!! Anyways.....I am testing my water right now and I haven't tested the CH in a long time on the account of having a vinyl pool, but just decided to test every aspect of the pool ( yes!!! i am actually bored!! ) Well, I followed the directions exactly testing the CH, but after I added the 5 drops of R-0011L, it is supposed to turn red if I have calcium, but it immediately turns blue!! I did the test twice, but just don't understand what happened. I have never had it turn straight to blue before. Is this wrong? Or what does this mean when it does not turn red first??

Mine goes straight to blue every time. It means that you have zero (or very near) CH in your pool. In Louisiana you probably get as much rain as we do here and it has zero CH. That, coupled with the fact that our ground water has almost zero CH, it isn't surprising that you don't have any.

Bama Rambler said:
Mine goes straight to blue every time. It means that you have zero (or very near) CH in your pool. In Louisiana you probably get as much rain as we do here and it has zero CH. That, coupled with the fact that our ground water has almost zero CH, it isn't surprising that you don't have any.

Yea u are right about the rain! We live on the coast here and today is actually the first day I see full sun!!! But I bet by the time the bus passes at 3, I will be standing with my umbrella waiting for my kid,getting drenched, only to watch her run straight to the house and bypass my kind motherly efforts to keep my baby dry! Heaven forbid her friends see her mama walk her with an umbrella!! Lol!! :-D

stephlap4 said:
It finally turned red. I just got another sample a couple of hours later! I wonder if it was because I had got sidetracked and by the time I tested it the sample was a couple of hours old?!! O well!

Not for Calcium no. For Chlorine yes, it needs to be ASAP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.