Help! Replaced booster pump, now throwing circuts!

Jun 17, 2013
Dallas, TX
I replaced my dead booster pump this morning with a new one (PB4-60, direct replacement). In the process of wiring the new one up, one of the terminals to the power line (with the nut) broke off clean when I was attempting to tighten it down. I ran to home depot and got a male spade connector, crimped that on and plugged it into the motors female connector (essentially by passing the terminal on the motor and just connecting wire to wire).

Got everything hooked up, went to turn on, and it flipped the two circuts for the booster pump. Now I can't turn the pool on either (it turned on the first time before I turned on the pump).

What do I do now? This is likely my splice job, but it sure seemed secure. I even wrapped the connection in electrical tape.

:cry:

qbflt3wVdXEUdGszlpuJnkJYW.png

Well, I figured it out. I used pliers instead of the crimping tool to attach the new connector. It didn't crimp at all, and must have been touching ground. Used the corrected tool and all is better.

Still, you guys should have heard the curses coming out of my backyard when that post broke off....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.