Lake Charles, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So I've been pool schooling myself this morning and trying to learn, understand & operate Pool Calculator and this is what I've come up with. Please advise me of your thoughts, I'm curious if I'm going the right direction. Thank y'all

Target Levels & Basic three chemicals needed to maintain your pool

FC 5.5 Bleach
CYA 75 Stabilizer/Cyanuric Acid CC 0.3
pH 7.7 Muriatic Acid
TA 90

Ill post test results as soon as I get home from work. Just curious to know how useful trichlor could be to me? I work at a chemical plant and have access to trichlor and many other chemicals, solvents, caustic. We make chlorine but its in a liquid / gas form and I'd have no way of transporting it.

Scrobbyd said:
Just curious to know how useful trichlor could be to me?
That all depends on what your current CYA level is. Unfortunately, long term use is going to be limited.
Scrobbyd said:
I work at a chemical plant and have access to trichlor and many other chemicals, solvents, caustic. We make chlorine but its in a liquid / gas form and I'd have no way of transporting it.
You are referring to chlorine gas that has been compressed (liquified) and put in metal cylinders, right? I wouldn't mess with that. Is sodium hypochlorite (aka hypochlorite solutions) used or produced? It's pretty safe to transport.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No I was only asking about the Trichlor because I have easy access to it. SWG has been running all day but last night I added two gal of acid and 3 lbs of turboshock step 2

Maybe I'm the only one confused here but....

• 1. In order to get a pH of 7.8 after a 2 gallon acid addition, your pH would have to of been well over 9 (this is also assuming you only used 14.5% MA) :scratch:

• 2. Why the inconsistencies with CYA results? It doesn't appear you added any CYA or stabilized chlorine products. Your spike in FC seems consistent with the addition of 3lbs. of 73% cal-hypo. Can you confirm that's what the Turboshock was?

• 3. Just a little reminder....the Chlorine/CYA chart has you shooting for a FC of 5 even though you are using dual sources for your chlorine. We're you trying to do just a miniSLAM? :lol: You can probably throttle your SWG down until you get back down to your target FC.

Just like pwrstrk said, you wanna bump your CYA to 70. The FC dip you had is just the SWG unable to keep up. As previously discussed, you can temporarily use trichlor to chlorinate and increase your CYA simultaneously but you should set your SWG to 0% until it's need needed.

Scrobbyd said:
No I was only asking about the Trichlor because I have easy access to it. SWG has been running all day but last night I added two gal of acid and 3 lbs of turboshock step 2

I'm just curious if you come back...they would let you take some home? Seems very odd for a chem plant to allow that. I've been in my share of them too.

Wow. :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.