automatic chlorinators

arbrey

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Aug 24, 2013
Chicopee, MA
I'v had my AGP for 22 yrs. Had been using chlorine for all those yrs,recently had a new liner installed and was talked in to trying Bacquacil. OK so far but thinking of going back to chlorine next season. During those 22 yrs I have purchased 3 automatic chlorinators. The problems is can't get the covers off to replace puck without disconnecting the whole apparatus and putting the darn thing in a vise. This happened to all 3. My question is anyone know of a brand that works?

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

I have a Pentair 320 in-line chlorinator and have never had a problem. You might try putting a thin layer of pool & spa lube on the gasket in the cap as well as on the threads.

I only use my in-line chlorinator when on vacation and the pool will be unattended. Most of the time, I use liquid bleach, which is what I would suggest for long-term chlorination.

Welcome to TFP.

By reading a little around here you'll see that we're probably not the best place to get recommendations for tablet feeders! We don't recommend having them, and if you have one we don't recommend using it except in very special circumstances.

I recommend taking a look at either a liquid chlorine injection system or a swg.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.