Hi, Just converted to BBB, No more tabs.

Aug 23, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone! I have been lurking on here for a few months now. I just had a new pebble tech IG 13,600 gal pool put in, in may. I have been using a lot of acid at first but it seems to have tapered off. I use 30% so I just have to put a few splashes in every week. I ordered the TF-100 kit from the website. I should have donated! =) This site is the best. I had been using tri-chlor tabs all summer until now. I started to notice that I hard to start shocking it more and one tab a week wasn't enough. When I started out one tab was great. I have not had any algae outbreaks lucky. I just switched to using chlorine and bleach. BTW I love the FC test with the tf-100 its right now. No more guessing. Anyways. I tested my CYA and it was around 100 the lowest ring on the test tube. I looked up the FC chart and saw it was around 7 for that high. Thats way to much chlorine for me to keep up in my pool. My pool gets a lot of sun everyday. So today I did a partial drain and refill. I estimate I drained around 25-35% of the water to lower my CYA. I have not tested it again as I am waiting for everything to filter out. After reading on this site I finally understand why tabs are such a pain even though they seem so easy. I don't use my deck chlorinator anymore. Thanks to everyone for all there good info.

Anyways my question really is just about bleach vs liquid chlorine. I can get liquid chlorine for about 3.50 a gal. But bleach here in phoenix seems to be more expensive. I am not sure if anyone has any places they know of that are cheap in phoenix.

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

bean_AZ said:
I ordered the TF-100 kit from the website.
:goodjob:

bean_AZ said:
I tested my CYA and it was around 100 the lowest ring on the test tube.
100 is the highest reading on the CYA view tube (lowest ring). Therefore, it's possible that it could have been higher than 100.

bean_AZ said:
I estimate I drained around 25-35% of the water to lower my CYA. I have not tested it again as I am waiting for everything to filter out.
I would test it again now, especially since it may have been higher than 100 before you did the partial drain & refill. Depending on your new test results, it's possible you may need to do another partial drain & refill.

Welcome to tfp, bean_AZ :wave:

bean_AZ said:
Anyways my question really is just about bleach vs liquid chlorine. I can get liquid chlorine for about 3.50 a gal. But bleach here in phoenix seems to be more expensive. I am not sure if anyone has any places they know of that are cheap in phoenix.
Best way to compare is cost per ounce of Sodium Hypochlorite. For example assuming the liquid chlorine you can buy is 12.5% NaClO: 3.50/(128*0.125)= $0.205/oz of NaClO...this is pretty decent price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.