New Orleans, Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
So, I was having problems with my pool equipment, and this technician took out my old jandy aqualink control board and installed a new one that he said was covered under warranty. But when I try to use it with my old PDA, the PDA controls all the functions except it doesn't have a control for programming. So now I can't program the pump and cleaner to run at certain hours with my PDA. I can only turn things on and off. He claims it is the replacement to my old one which he says went bad. Not true, but that's another long story.
Now he's offering me a iaqualink jbox and antenna and telling me I can just install that and just use my phone. I'm a little concerned about him making more of a mess of things. I can't figure out why my PDA is compatible and works with everything except for programming.

After my upgrade to an iaqualink system, my PDA behaves exactly as you describe. To program anything I need to use the iPad or computer interface. Since the PB says that he can just add the iaqualink jbox and antenna to give you full iaqualink functionality, it sounds like he installed an iaqualink compatable control board. If you don't want to go the iaqualink route, I'd suggest you get the software version of the board and give Zodiac/Jandy a call to see if it can be configured for "normal" PDA operation via a jumper or a dip switch.
Mike

I just bought and installed an IQ900-RS iAQUALINK UPGRADE KIT FOR RS SYSTEMS.
All terminal strips easily matched to the new board. The only exception was that the intake moved from the top to the bottom of the board.
I am looking for a diagram for this new board to make sure I have the dip switches set correctly and wireless in the correct location.
Can't seem to find any picture diagram of this board with added dip switches. Any help would be appreciated.

Mike_W,
Thanks for the quick information and reply. This appears to be the board. I will set the dip switches according to this manual and turn it on.
I'll post back later with the results. Thanks again:)

Thanks for the advice. I ended up just using my old PDA. But I still cannot get it to schedule cleaning, pumps, etc. It can only turn things on or off.
the guy who put it in for me somehow programmed it to run certain things regularly. But I can't reach him to find out how he did that. He used something other then the pda to do it. I don't know if he has some computer that communicates to the program or what. I'd like to just do that instead of getting the iaqualink phone thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.