Help! Short term circulation fix

SJS101

Apr 19, 2013
Louisiana
My little girl is turning 4 and we have a big swim party planned for family/friends Sunday 8/25/13. Last night my pump motor stopped running and was red hot to touch.

I ordered a replacement pump motor but it may not be here until Monday!

Water is beautiful now but I don't want it mucking up before the party. I would like to superchlorinate the pool to head off any potential issues as it will be sunny all weekend.

What is the best way to manually circulate bleach if my pump is not running. Please help save my little girl's party.

Current test results:
CYA 30
FC 4

Get in the pool and walk around in circles where you can touch. For the deep end? Hummmm walk around the edge and use a broom? to move the water? Go on Craigslist and ask for the loan of a pump even if it is a small one? OR maybe someone has one to sell cheap?

Good luck!

If there's a Harbor Freight in your area, you can buy a submersible sump pump for very cheap. Do a search in Google for "Harbor Freight 20% coupon", print it out and get it even cheaper. You can use the pump next season if you ever have to raise your PH by aeration by setting the pump on a pool step and putting some PVC fittings on the pump output to throw the water back into the pool with a splash. That's a $35 solution to your problem.

Well FedEx showed up with my replacement motor at 930 this morning. So need for a sump pump at all. Got it taken apart and mounted the new one and we're at full strength.

However, I did give my family a good laugh spinning in circles last night circulating 2 gallons of bleach manually "Swan Lake" style!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.