Travertine Mart??

Our neighbor purchased from travertine mart a few months ago. They installed a salt water pool and overflowing spa using all travertine pavers and pool coping. I am planning to do a very similar job using their travertine. Got in touch with travertine mart a few weeks ago, just received my samples and pictures of the material. so far so great!
Just waiting for my contractor to finish his current job and we'll place our order and get the ball rolling.
If you are concerned about quality, I think the best thing for you would be to order the premium grade, that's the highest grade of travertine. My neighbors bought the ivory color in premium grade and the price was so much lower than our local suppliers. I can tell you the quality was better as well. Good luck!

gapoolsup said:
Our neighbor purchased from travertine mart a few months ago. They installed a salt water pool and overflowing spa using all travertine pavers and pool coping. I am planning to do a very similar job using their travertine. Got in touch with travertine mart a few weeks ago, just received my samples and pictures of the material. so far so great!

I'm in the same boat, thinking of using http://www.travertinemart.com and got travertine samples already.

I think I'm going to go with Belgrad pavers. I've checked into shipping and just not worth it for me to have these online stores ship product. I ultimately wanted to use Artistic Pavers, but their shipping cost was about exactly what I got from Travertine Mart. Bumps my paver cost $1.50/sqft!

Yes I paid a boatload from Stone Mart for shipping.

Try builddirect.com. We have used them for inside tile in the past, but I know they sell travertine pavers. They have warehouses all over the country, so you might get lucky if you can pick them up. You have to be flexible and add the different products to your cart and check the shipping. It will tell you if they have it in a semi-local warehouse and if you can pick it up fro free. Finished two bathrooms with their products, and never paid a cent for delivery.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a local stone company called QDI here in town that's $4.25/sqft for travertine. I don't think that's too bad of a price for quality travertine with no shipping cost. I'm just not sure travertine is $1/sqft more attractive to us than a Belgard paver. I've been told natural stone requires more maintenance. Anyone have any experience on that vs. manmade pavers?

We used QDI here in Cypress. They have a nice store/show area inside the beltway in Houston. We have the travertine as coping now and the tile travertine is going on the concrete decking tomorrow. We like the look of the natural stone and travertine is supposed to be cooler than anything else to walk on.

You have to seal the coping if you are using salt water. If not, then it should be good. At least that is what everone is telling me. Guess we will find out.

Good luck!

gapoolsup said:
Ukie said:
Curious to hear about your project when finished! Are you going with the ivory color as well?
No, we are going to order walnut color.

We have 3 color samples (5 pavers), so color palette looks like this:
ivory (1 paver) - very light (too light for match our dark brown brick).
walnut (2 pavers) - light brown.
noche (2 pavers) - mid brown.

Are you going with french pattern?

Ukie said:
gapoolsup said:
Ukie said:
Curious to hear about your project when finished! Are you going with the ivory color as well?
No, we are going to order walnut color.

We have 3 color samples (5 pavers), so color palette looks like this:
ivory (1 paver) - very light (too light for match our dark brown brick).
walnut (2 pavers) - light brown.
noche (2 pavers) - mid brown.

Are you going with french pattern?

Yes, we're doing a french pattern for the main deck with 12x24 pool coping pieces for the edges of the pool and stairs leading up to the pool area. Considering doing a small walkway on the side of the house with 24x24s as well. I might as well put it on the same truck to save on shipping.

The french pattern seemed the easiest as the pattern is already put together and sold in sets so I don't have to go figuring out a pattern on my own. What about you? Curious to hear about your project!

Walnut tile on concrete decking and Nysa coping from QDI.

[attachment=0:362vt2pm]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377913057.207277.jpg[/attachment:362vt2pm]

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377913057.207277.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377913057.207277.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 531
[attachment=0:2o8xxdre]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377916493.288215.jpg[/attachment:2o8xxdre]

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377916493.288215.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377916493.288215.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 465
We've got our travertine stone + some coping (~1,200 sq ft) delivered to Western PA couple days ago. Transportation company(used by Travertine Mart) did a great job arranging delivery so fast. All pallets and stone seems to be intact and in a good shape.
Couple observations:
1. Yes, pallet jack is the must to move pallets so they can be picked up by a fork lift (my stone was delivered in a 53ft long dry van and pallets where stacked far a way from the end).
2. Pallets with stones are heavy, ~3,000lbs, so make sure unloading equipment is capable of handling that load and you have someone (preferably EXPERIENCED) helping you.
3. Make sure you have a good spot to unload pallets so the will stay out of the way but close to work site.
Thumbs up to Travertine Mart!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.