Seat Depth

ktyler

Jun 18, 2013
Southwest Louisiana
We are in the process of having our pool installed. We are doing a 18x36 custom liner pool. We added a seat in the deep end, what is the normal depth of the seat from the water line? I sat on mine yesterday and it seems like it will hit me about at my shoulders when sitting on the seat. I was expecting it to be a little higher I guess. I was just curious what's normal. Thank you for any help.

Kim

I've got swimouts, not sure on depth, probably 16" or so from seat to waterline.

If i could do it over again, i would have 2 different depths at the swimout, one smaller area that is the depth of a normal step. And then a larger are to sit on that is the depth you desire. It's not really safe for kids or old folks to use the swimout to enter the pool, and then getting out is a huge step out of the pool. I would label mine underwater seats, but not swimouts.

Of course for older kids and young adults and adults it's just fine.

I've seen the design i speak of in pictures here plenty of times, just not before i built my pool!

Our pool is not complete but our PB recommended an 18" seat depth with a small corner step to split the difference on the way in and out.
azy5y3ur.jpg

I like it. I have thought 18 as well. We sat down and used a tape measure the other night to see where levels hit us like that. I am thinking 18 would be great and I love the extra step. Great idea! I do want mine different however. I want them cut into the bond beam, so the seat edge is flush with the pool wall...no protrusion into the pool. I really am glad you posted this because I really like the step thing. Didn't think of that. Awesome.

Hi, We have to make a decision in the next day or so and I love your deep end seat. Are you please able to tell me the width and length you went with?
Many thanks
Lara

Our pool is not complete but our PB recommended an 18" seat depth with a small corner step to split the difference on the way in and out.
azy5y3ur.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, We have to make a decision in the next day or so and I love your deep end seat. Are you please able to tell me the width and length you went with?
Many thanks
Lara

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.