Trying out my new chlorine floater

x2rider

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 19, 2011
Bartlesville, OK
juneme9y.jpg

6uhehyne.jpg

I got the idea from another post on here somewhere where they said they dropped the bottle, and it landed on it's side or something, then later it came floating to the top... been a while, don't remember the exact details.

The cap is off, poured out a little to get some air in it, but since the chlorine is heavier than water, you can just watch it slowly coming out of the bottom (you can see the blurry trail in the top pic). Eventually, it'll just be water inside the bottle.

As far as the liner,, yes, it's just below the first drop below the shallow end where people are walking up over the ledge from the deep end, and it's scooted down the hill a bit in the middle :(

I suspect it will empty out too quickly with the opening as big as an open bottle top (inverted so that it's open at the bottom). Others have done this technique but with a smaller hole opening. Unfortunately, bottle shapes aren't designed to keep the orientation in one direction, but a flanged shape with air on top could work as could something with a low density (e.g. foam) top.

I believe the use for this would be more for vacations when one is not around to dose with chlorine, though for up to a week the use of Trichlor pucks wouldn't be a problem unless one's CYA was already too high.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I took a gallon of 12% last night, poured half of into a measuring pitcher and poured into my pool last night (in front of the running return). It took all of 30 seconds.

Guess what? I will do about the same thing tonight and every night of my swim season with a different amount each time (based on my testing and FC levels).

I've been SLAMing for a week, just having some fun with it.

Geez, you'd think on a board of recreation loving people you guys would be more fun. Some of you really need to stop smoking the dpd powder, break out the wine and chill a bit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.