DE pouring into pool from return

… The new Veri-flow assembly didn’t fix the problem. I replaced the whole thing. That’s a great idea to check the base PSI without grid unit. So I did and without grid, it’s 20 PSI. With the grid, it’s 20 PSI… Ok my gauge may be broken so I took it to my in law who has same filter. With primed filter his read 23.5 PSI so I put mine in, primed filter and it read 27.5 PSI. No really a big deal. Mine just reads little high and inaccurate. Does anyone know who makes the OEM grids for Hayward?

At the beginning of the season, I installed new Unicel grid. Got the Pleatco ordered and installed now. No difference in PSI. Now I got whole grids as backup.. I am at the end now. The pump may be not flowing enough to build PSI in the filter? I took the motor off and inspected the impeller. I see nothing wrong with it. No twig or leaf in or by it. I have been taking the equipment apart to inspect double and triple checking. This happened to me. The thread on brass nut on the filter clam popped off as I was tightening it. Drove to local pool store and it’s a discontinued part. Hand written note on their diagram read “”Deemed Unsafe” They don’t carry it any more. DEX2400JN is OEM. New part V60-110 by Hayward. Drove two towns over and found replacement part! After $25.99 plus tax, PSI is now 22 and rising!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.