Thanks for the info

Jun 14, 2008
I just bought an Intex AGP and set it up last week. This site has been a blessing to say the least. I have my BBB ingredients and have been steadily monitoring things for the past few days. I shocked with bleach and had to adjust the PH down with some muriatic. The CL would quickly deplete in short order so I went and got some CYA and added to the skimmer last night. Immediately afterward I added CL and this morning the CL was almost too high. As the day went on all my levels seem to be stabilizing and everything including TA seems really close to nominal. I figure I am at least getting close to a stable system and will soon be good to go.

One area I am not absolutely clear on is when to use Borax and when to use soda. if anyone could expound on that I would appreciate it.

Thanks for this very informative site and saving me a bunch of $$ and time. Me the wife and our two daughters have not had this much fun together in a really long time. :-D

Bill and the girls

When raising PH and/or TA:

baking soda - raises TA lots and PH a little
borax - raises PH lots and TA a little
washing soda/soda ash -raises PH lots and TA some
aeration when TA is high - raises PH without changing TA

Thank you

That is exactly what I was looking for. Need PH up a bit but TA is pretty close. It's pretty close all around so I'll watch things a bit before making any changes. Pool has only been up a few days.

Got back from a week and a half vacation and the pool was a nice shade of green. I dropped a buttload of 1" tabs in the floater before I left but it still turned a bit. After massaging the water with the BBB method I have a crystal clear pool after just 2 days. My brother just had a pool installed and he is also a recent BBB convert after his initial several hundred dollar investment in pool store chems.

Thanks again TFP

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.