White stains on pool

jrr

Aug 22, 2013
Mcallen, TX
Hello, just had my pool completed about 2 months ago and i've been noticing these white stains on there. In the beginning there was a lot of dirt in pool as a result of high wind and i'm thinking it may have contributed to it. I didn't think much of it until a friend who also owns a pool with blue quartz brought it up.
At first i was thinking it was algae, but my OCLT is only .5. I have never done the slam method on my pool since it open as a result of the water being very clear, and it being pretty much in check the whole time ( chemical wise). Anyone have an idea what it is and how i can get rid of it?

FC 3
cc 0
cya 60
TA 120
ph 7.4
:?:

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 66
It's hard for me to tell whether I am seeing it or not. Have you spoken to your installer about it?

I would like to recommend to you, the purchase of a better test kit. You left out calcium hardness in the results and calcium is a notorious culprit in plaster not looking like it should. Consider going to tftestkits.net an get yourself a TF-100 kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.