Search engine

bof

May 17, 2013
Cyprus
Hi all

Just found out about the google forum search at the top right hand of the screen :hammer: :hammer: , did not realise it was the forum search, just saw google. Helps a lot and saves time in asking you lot the same questions. You the forum guardians could mention it somewhere so when a beginner comes on site they are informed of this fantastic tool. When I first found this site their was so much to learn I missed this detail.

But thanks for your help. :party: :cheers:

I'll be honest about it. When this first became the preferred search tool I wasn't thrilled, but after using it a little I have to come to like it a lot. It works like a champ and is much quicker to use. I'm no IT guy at all, but I imagine it has taken a huge load off the forum server too.

I have changed several servers over to google for the same reason I think TFP did. The native search is taxing on the system. Now google does all the work. Plus google seaches with natural language. The native search uses " and + for multiple words.

Yup, the change was initially to lower the load before the most recent server upgrade. It is certainly more friendly to use in regard to search terms. Although I find the old one good when wanting to isolate searches in a single forum or by user.

Maybe JasonLion could make a larger button, like the Become a TFP Supporter! and the Pool School Buttons,
and maybe it could fit between them in the middle of the page. That would make it very visible.

Learning from duraleigh, I'm hiding under my desk now.

Butterfly said:
Maybe JasonLion could make a larger button, like the Become a TFP Supporter! and the Pool School Buttons,
and maybe it could fit between them in the middle of the page. That would make it very visible.

Learning from duraleigh, I'm hiding under my desk now.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.