Thank you TFP!!!

JFB

LifeTime Supporter
May 13, 2013
Monréal, Québec, Canada
I've been coming to this site a lot. So much that my wife was tired of me doing research before we bought our pool. But what help this site has been. From understanding what equipment was best suited for my needs to fixing and maintaining proper pool chemistry balance, this site has done it all for me. I don't think I would've ever learned as much about everything pool related in 10 years of visiting the pool store as I have here in one season.

I visit this site every day (really?!). Sometimes twice a day (what!?). I'm drawn by the new posts to see how others are fixing their own problems. And that's what I see most times on here, people with pool problems... Well, at least they have come to the right place.

Instead of writing about a problem I have, I thought I should write about the success this site has given me WRT my chemistry. I finally got my TF-100 test kit at the beginning of July and have been testing/adjusting regularly. I have religiously followed the BBB method, albeit I was scared to swim in bleach at first... Well, in this short first month, all my test results have been ideal and stable... I haven't had any algae problems or cloudy water or anything else. Is it luck? I don't believe so. I think it's all due to the expertise, experience, knowledge, talent and patience of the administrators and moderators.

My relationship with this site will obviously continue, as I try to convert all my other pool buddies to BBB as if I was a missionary in Central America in the 1600s. I can only hope my success gets repeated next year.

Again, TFP, thank you for making my first ever pool season so easy.

PS. As an aside, I finally found some 20 mule team borax at Wallyworld today and couldn't help myself. My pH was an acceptable 7.2, but I just had to do it... 1kg of Borax and 1 hour later, I'm sitting at 7.5. Thanks poolcalculator.com!!!

:cheers:

I just wanted to give YOU some credit for coming here and listening and gaining the knowledge that you now have. This is a true success post. Just the kind everybody wants to hear.

Again congrats, you deserve it. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Seconding what pwrstrk already said, all TFP did is pass along the knowledge we have gained much in the same manner you have....learning from others.

You took the ball and ran with it. Nice work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.